Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jimi

After Jim Marshall passed away yesterday I took some time to go through his entire collection. His images of rock legends are amazing and I can't imagine another photographer make the same impact on music that he did. This got me to thinking that I need to expand my own collection of "icons."

You can see a few paintings I've done so far of my artistic inspirations in my Muse series here. Dali, Thompson and Dylan have played a major role in my life and have a lot to do with my art. Another artist that is blatantly missing from this series is another one of my "muses:" rock & roll legend Jimi Hendrix. Here are some of the photos that Marshall capture of Jimi - I've been studying them all day to think of the colors, angles and emotions that I want to capture.



I still haven't decided on the final image, but you can definitely expect it to follow in the same style as the rest in my Muse series with a solid background and almost a stencil look to the face. I am really excited to get started, but I have a few other projects I need to finish first ;)

Keep an eye on the blog to see my progress, but in the meantime you can see Jim Marshall's photos of Jimi Hendrix here: http://www.marshallphoto.com/collection/list/album/hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment